From Arrowhead Stadium
Once one of pro football’s most storied and intense rivalries, the Chiefs and Raiders have been little more than just another game on an NFL weekend.
That was true again on Sunday, where for the sixth consecutive year Oakland rolled into town and rolled back out with a 23-9 victory over the Chiefs. The 6-game winning streak matches the longest held by any visitor to Kansas City in the history of the franchise.
The Brady Quinn ended quickly as he was sacked hard, threw a very bad interception and somewhere in the middle of all that he suffered a concussion and left the game. Matt Cassel came in and it was more of what the Chiefs have shown all season, turnovers, mistakes, blown opportunities.
Here’s what we found after the game:
- GAME STORY β Raiders steal away with another KC victory.
- COLUMN β Drastic change starts at the very top.
- SIDEBAR β Only a dozen plays for Quinn.
- SIDEBAR β Cassel returns, results the same.
- SIDEBAR β Where was Jamaal Charles?
- SIDEBAR – Raiders go after Routt.
- PLAY OF THE GAME β Arenas muffs punt.
- REPORT CARD β More bad grades across the board.
- NOTES & QUOTES β Are these the new Raiders?
- KEYS TO WINNING/RECAP β Total failure.
- THE OFFICIALS LOOK β Quietly effective.
- PRE-GAME COVERAGE