From Arrowhead Stadium
All week leading up to Sunday’s regular season finale, the Chiefs said they were preparing to win just like they did 15 times before.
They may have prepared to win, but they certainly didn’t play to win. If they were trying to build momentum going into the AFC playoffs they failed miserably as the Raiders grabbed a 31-10 victory.
The loss coupled with an Indianapolis victory to give the Colts the AFC South, dropped the Chiefs to the No. 4 seed in the AFC bracket of the NFL playoffs. They’ll host wildcard team the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium. Kickoff is set for 12 noon.
It was just a seven-point game at half-time and the Chiefs tied it at 10-10 in the third quarter on a TD run by RB Jamaal Charles. The rest of the second half belonged to the Raiders, who finish the season 8-8, but more impressively they went 6-0 within the division.
As always a lot of angles to this game and we’ve got them covered here:
- GAME STORY: Chiefs overwhelmed by Raiders.
- COLUMN: Gotta forget this one quick
- SIDEBAR 1: Charlie is a goner.
- SIDEBAR 2: Cassel gets beat up.
- SIDEBAR 3: Chiefs defense falters.
- SIDEBAR 4: Jamaal just misses record.
- NOTES: Raiders not losers anymore.
- REPORT CARD: Failing grades all around for Chiefs.
- PICTURE OF PLAYOFFS: Chiefs go Sunday.
- PRE-GAME COVERAGE
- Next year’s Chiefs opponents.