From the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
There wasn’t quite the flavor of those great Chiefs-Raiders battles from the American Football League days. And, it was not the kind of afternoon where the game tape will be sent immediately to Canton and the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
It was however, very much a Chiefs-Raiders game and Oakland 23-20 victory in overtime was interesting until the very end.
This game had twists and turns everywhere for both teams before Sebastian Janikowski ended things with a 33-yard field goal.
All the angles are touched in our coverage:
- GAME STORY: Raiders end losing streak at home vs. Chiefs.
- COLUMN: Out of character Chiefs out of luck.
- SIDEBAR: Rookie burns Flowers.
- SIDEBAR: Oakland controls Chiefs run game.
- SIDEBAR: Special teams not so special.
- NOTES: Cable & Raiders turn corner.
- REPORT CARD: Chiefs take a D on this test.
- PRE-GAME COVERAGE.
- AROUND THE AFC WEST: Rivers leads Chargers over Texans.