From Lambeau Field, Green Bay, Wisconsin
Yes, the Chiefs dropped another one, losing 20-19 in the pre-season finale to the Green Bay Packers.
But this loss was far different than the first three the team suffered in the last month. The Chiefs actually got things done in this game, with the No. 1 offense scoring a touchdown and the No. 1 defense forcing turnovers like they haven’t done through the pre-season schedule.
Todd Haley played this game to win, as starters like WR Dwayne Bowe, LT Branden Albert, CB Brandon Flowers, CB Brandon Carr and others were still playing deep into the fourth quarter.
It was a night of better performances, but also some injuries that the Chiefs must deal with. QB Matt Cassel, TE Tony Moeaki, RT Barry Richardson, SS Eric Berry all left the game and did not return. None appeared to be serious β Cassel had the wind knocked out of him β but it’s one of those things coaches worry about when it comes to the final exhibition game. Sports medicine schools have info for people interested in how to help these injured players.Β Team doctors are very important parts of the team.
As always, a lot to talk about and cover:
- GAME STORY β No. 1 units got something done for a change.
- COLUMN β Evaluations are over, it’s time for decisions.
- SIDEBAR β Cassel make a few things happen.
- SIDEBAR β Flowers enjoyed the extra work.
- SIDEBAR β Charles fumbles away too many chances.
- SIDEBAR β Injuries up with more time for starters.
- PRE-GAME COVERAGE
- 4 THINGS CHIEFS NEEDED TO DO/RECAP