The Chiefs reached an injury-settlement with CB Jacques Reeves, making him a free agent and able to sign with another NFL team without going through waivers because he’s a vested veteran. Reportedly, Reeves injured a hamstring in practice last week and was inactive for this past Sunday’s game in New Orleans. He was moved off the active roster on Monday. If they had not reached an injury settlement, Reeves would have gone on the injured-reserve list.
NFL issued fines to:
- Baltimore β S Ed Reed, $21,000, struck defenseless player (WR Deion Branch) in the head/neck area.
- Cincinnati β CB Adam Jones, $15,750, horse-collar tackle; CB Terence Newman, $10,000, for roughing the passer.
- Denver β LB Von Miller, $15,750, for a hit on Houston QB Matt Schaub.
- Detroit β LB Stephen Tulloch, $21,000, helmet-to-helmet hit on Tennessee TE Craig Stevens.
- Philadelphia β DE Jason Babin, $15,750, for a horse-collar tackle; CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, $7,875, late hit.
- Pittsburgh β S Ryan Mundy, $21,000, for helmet-to-helmet hit on Oakland WR Darius Heyward-Bey.
- Seattle β CB Brandon Browner, $7,875, for unnecessary roughness.
- Tennessee β DE Scott Solomon, $15,750, for hitting a quarterback below the knees; OL Leroy Harris, unnecessary roughness, $10,000.