The deadline was last Saturday and Wednesday morning the NFL released the names of the 56 college players who have declared for the 2011 Draft.
All the big names are there, including QB Cam Newton and DT Nick Fairley from the national championship Auburn Tigers. Three players are coming out early from the Big 12 Conference with Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert topping the list. Joining him is Mizzou DE Aldon Smith and Texas DB Aaron Williams.
That total of 56 underclassmen is the highest in NFL Draft history. Last year and in 2008 there were 53 players.
There are three names that have previously announced that they were turning pro that do not show up on the league’s list: Eastern Washington RB Taiwan Jones, Cincinnati WR Vidal Hazelton and Mississippi DL Jerrell Powe. All three may have qualified for the draft pool without having to file as underclassmen.
Here are the names provided by the NFL:
- QB (3) β Blaine Gabbert, Missouri; Ryan Mallett, Arkansas; Cam Newton, Auburn.
- RB (11) β John Clay, Wisconsin; Darren Evans, Virginia Tech; Jamie Harper, Clemson; Mark Ingram, Alabama; Dion Lewis, Pittsburgh; Mikel Loushere, Illinois; Stevan Ridley, LSU; Jacquizz Rodgers, Oregon State; Jordan Todman, Connecticut; Shane Vereen, California; Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech.
- FB (1) β Henry Hynoski, Pitt.
- WR (11) β Darvin Adams, Auburn; Jonathan Baldwin, Pitt; DeAndre Brown, Southern Mississippi; Randall Cobb, Kentucky; Tandon Doss, Indiana; A.J. Green, Georgia; Tori Gurley, South Carolina; Jamel Hamler, Fresno State; Julio Jones, Alabama; Greg Little, North Carolina; Torrey Smith, Maryland;
- TE (1) β Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame.
- OT (2) β Nick Claytor, Georgia Tech; Tyron Smith, Southern Cal.
- DL (13) β Marvin Austin, North Carolina; Da’Quan Bowers, Clemson; Jurrell Casey, Southern Cal; Marcell Dareus, Alabama; Nick Fairley, Auburn; Lawrence Guy, Arizona State; Corey Liuget, Illinois; Zane Parr, Virginia; Robert Quinn, North Carolina; Sealver Siligi, Utah; Aldon Smith, Missouri; J.J. Watt, Wisconsin; Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple.
- LB (4) β Akeem Ayers, UCLA; Justin Houston, Georgia; Tom Keiser, Stanford; Martez Wilson, Illinois.
- DB (10) β Brandon Burton, Utah; Brandon Harris, Miami; Will Hill, Florida; Javes Lewis, Oregon; Rahim Moore, UCLA; Patrick Peterson, LSU; Robert Sands, West Virginia; Tyler Sash, Iowa; Jerrard Tarrant, Georgia Tech; Aaron Williams, Texas.