From the Truman Sports Complex
The Chiefs have listed FS Kendrick Lewis as doubtful for Sunday’s game against Carolina because of his shoulder injury.
Lewis was the only player on the team’s injury report that did not practice on Friday. Without practice time during the week, there’s no chance that Lewis will be active against the Panthers.
Listed as questionable for Sunday’s game are C Ryan Lilja (knee), LT Branden Albert (back) and OLB Tamba Hali (knee).
In Friday’s practice, Lilja was working with the No. 1 offensive line, while Albert was not. After the practice finished, Albert spent several minutes on the field firing out of his three-point stance and trying to show the coaches, including head coach Romeo Crennel what type of movement he was capable of pulling off.
“With Albert’s back, I need to see a little bit (action) because backs are fickle,” said Crennel. “I would like to see that he can do something before saying that he can go play at the position he’s playing.”
Hali worked with the linebackers in position drills for the first time in the week.
WR Dexter McCluster (head) was listed as probable for the game and he was a full participant in practice on Friday.
Here’s a look at each team’s injury report to the league:
- DOUBTFUL β FS Kendrick Lewis (shoulder).
- QUESTIONABLE β LT Branden Albert (back), OLB Tamba Hali (knee), C Ryan Lilja (knee).
- PROBABLE β WR Dexter McCluster (head).
- DOUBTFUL β LB Antwan Applewhite (hamstring), RB Jonathan Stewart (ankles).
- QUESTIONABLE β CB Captain Munnerlyn (hamstring).
- PROBABLE β QB Cam Newton (right wrist).