From Arrowhead Stadium
Give the Chiefs credit for this β they are a flawed football team with a collection of underachievers but they accepted the challenge on Sunday and went toe-to-toe with the Baltimore Ravens.
They still lost, but they put up a helluva fight and held the Ravens offense without a touchdown. Unfortunately, the Chiefs offense couldn’t score a TD either and it all came to a field goal inspired 9-6 conclusion. Baltimore went home with a 4-1 record and the Chiefs are now 1-4.
Turnovers reared their ugly head once again, as the Chiefs gave the ball away four times. The Ravens had a pair of turnovers as well, but the Chiefs answered those gifts by giving the ball back. Justin Tucker and Ryan Succop scored all the points on field goals, even though the game featured plenty of offensive yards.
Chiefs QB Matt Cassel went down in the fourth quarter due to a blow to the head in a pass rush and left the game. Brady Quinn took his spot, but the Chiefs were not able to get anything going offensively enough to reach the end zone.
So much to talk about, and here is our coverage.
- GAME STORY: Victory bounces away from Chiefs.
- COLUMN: Offense played not to lose.
- SIDEBAR: Irate Winston calls out booing fans.
- SIDEBAR: Chiefs must wait for Cassel status.
- SIDEBAR: Quinn loves to play at Arrowhead.
- SIDEBAR: Defensive effort wasted.
- SIDEBAR: Pollard enjoys his Arrowhead return.
- PLAY OF THE GAME #1: Fumble at the goal line.
- PLAY OF THE GAME #2: McCluster penalty wipes out TD.
- NOTES & QUOTES: Ravens survive struggles.
- OFFICIALS REPORT: Yes, they were involved.
- REPORT CARD: Not enough passing grades.
- KEYS TO WINNING RECAP: It did not get done.
- Pre-Game coverage.