From New Orleans, Louisiana
The Chiefs generated little excitement in the first two games of the 2012 season. That was not the case Sunday afternoon in the Mercedes Benz Superdome.
A pair of desperate 0-2 teams got together and played their best games of the year. Certainly the Chiefs did. But in the end, somebody has to win and somebody has to lose. In this case the Chiefs.
There’s so much to cover in this one from Jamaal Charles running through the Saints, to injuries, to the replacement officials and a host of replay reviews, to the quarterback dual between Drew Brees and Matt Cassel, to the Chiefs defense finally standing up and stopping somebody.
So much to cover, here’s the story of the afternoon in the Big Easy for the Chiefs:
- GAME STORY: Record setting comeback for Chiefs.
- COLUMN â€“ Learning how to play one snap at a time.
- ANALYSIS - Why did Romeo play for overtime?
- SIDEBAR – Cassel gets victory in QB Â battle.
- SIDEBAR â€“ Charles is the man in charge.
- SIDEBAR – Defense rages through second half.
- SIDEBAR – Moving to center a snap for Lilja.
- SIDEBAR – Succop has record setting day.
- PLAY OF THE GAME #1 â€“ Jamaal Charles 91-yard run.
- PLAY OF THE GAME/OVERTIME â€“ Jalil Brown downs punt.
- NOTES – Chiefs banged up in Nola.
- REPORT CARD â€“ Passing grades all-around for Chiefs.
- KEYS TO VICTORY/RECAP
- OFFICIALS – Review, review, review.
- Pre-Game Coverage from New Orleans.