Stan The Man In Charge In St. Louis

The football playing boys down I-70 in the Loo have a new man in charge.

NFL owners meeting in Atlanta on Wednesday reportedly voted unanimous to approve Stan Kroenke as the owner of the St. Louis Rams. Already holding 40 percent of the team, Kroenke is buying the other 60 percent from the children of the team’s late owner Georgia Frontiere.

Purchase price was based on franchise value of $750 million, so Kroenke will write a check for 4450 million that will go to Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriquez, heirs to the Frontiere estate.

Of course, for Stan Kroenke, a check for less than a half-billion isn’t going to strain his bank account. Forbes magazine has estimated that Stan and Ann (Walton) Kroenke are worth more than $6 billion.

Still to be determined is what Kroenke will do with his ownership of the Denver Nuggets of the NBA and Colorado Avalanche of the NHL. NFL rules prohibit him from operating those teams in a market where there’s another NFL team. Supposedly, he will transfer ownership to his son Josh Kroenke.


3 Responses to “Stan The Man In Charge In St. Louis”

  • August 25, 2010  - RW says:

    Someone is going to do it. Will the Rams loop back and again become the LA Rams? New 100% ownership has to ponder revenue streams and years of a losing product to somehow enliven the franchise or will he be content to stay the course in the STL?


  • August 25, 2010  - Brandon says:

    What the hell happened to the Rams anyway. They peaked with Warner and then plummeted off the radar. This is why I’d rather have 10 years of a winning team than a superbowl win and then the worst record in the NFL for the other 9.

    I’m sure it’s every coaches dream to win a couple of superbowls and have a winning team for 10 years, but it doesn’t happen that often.


  • August 25, 2010  - Joshua says:

    They were never the same when they lost Dick Vermeil, Al Saunders, Kurt Warner and Grant Wistrom.




Get the Flash Player to see the slideshow.


Categories

Other News

Archives


RSS


Pages

Home