From Arrowhead Stadium
It was a replay of the game that went down back in October, some seven weeks ago. On that Sunday, the Chiefs went toe-to-toe with Baltimore and the Ravens struggled to get out of town with a three-point victory.
Flash forward to this sun-splashed Sunday where the Chiefs were 10-point underdogs as they hosted AFC West leader Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos. Romeo Crennel’s team played tough on defense against Manning, while the offense was inconsistent but did not turn the ball over and when given a chance at least produced points, even if they were Ryan Succop field goals.
In the end though, Manning and mates were too much for the beleaguered Chiefs to hold off for four quarters. Denver won 17-9, as the Broncos moved their record to 8-3 on the season. The Chiefs have now lost eight in a row and they are 1-10 on the season.
Here’s our coverage:
- GAME STORY β Defense gets no help against Broncos.
- COLUMN I β How can they possibly spin this one?
- COLUMN II β So that’s what a franchise quarterback looks like.
- PICTURE OF THE GAME.
- SIDEBAR – Manning passes concussion test.
- SIDEBAR β Defensive performance almost good enough
- SIDEBAR β Familiar story line for Brady Quinn
- SIDEBAR β Important numbers to remember.
- OFFICIALS β They missed Broncos trying to confuse Chiefs
- REPORT CARD β Better than most, but not enough to win.
- KEYS TO WINNING/RECAP β Too many failures.
- PRE-GAME COVERAGE.