From Orchard Park, New York
In was one of the more important second games of any recent season for the Chiefs. Apparently nobody made them aware of that fact because on a sunny Sunday in western New York they turned in a dreadful performance. The Buffalo Bills ran away with a 35-17 victory that was never in doubt for them or their fans at Ralph Wilson Stadium.
Again this was not one part of the Chiefs failing the team in performance β every part of Romeo Crennel’s operation fell to pieces. The offense couldn’t score and turned the ball over. The defense couldn’t stop Buffalo RB C.J. Spiller and the special teams gave up a punt return for a touchdown. This wasn’t just one half of bad football like they had last week; it was four quarters.
The Chiefs are now 0-2 on the season and while it’s too early for anyone to give up on a season with 14 games left the Chiefs engender no confidence that they can turn this thing around any time soon. New Orleans, San Diego and Baltimore are the next three and the Saints game is on the road.
We have a lot of ground to cover from this one:
- GAME STORY-3 bad quarters sink Chiefs in Buffalo.
- COLUMN-Something is very wrong with the Chiefs.
- SIDEBAR-Gailey, Bills win chess match.
- SIDEBAR-Bills complain of Chiefs cheap shots.
- SIDEBAR – Offense gets meaningless yards.
- SIDEBAR – Another special teams blunder.
- SIDEBAR – Spiller runs through Chiefs to history.
- PLAY OF THE GAME - Hillis fumbles, Bills recover.
- REPORT CARD - Chiefs Fail Everything.
- KEYS TO WINNING/RECAP
- REPLACEMENT OFFICIALS - Just So-So Performance.
- Pre-Game Coverage