From Arrowhead Stadium
Just over 24 hours after teammate Jovan Belcher took his own life and that of his girl friend, the Chiefs were able to keep it together emotionally and turned in their best offensive and defensive performances in months, as they beat the Carolina Panthers 27-21.
They set the tone early scoring on three of their five possessions in the first half. QB Brady Quinn hit a pair of touchdown passes and Peyton Hillis ran for a touchdown. Add a pair of Ryan Succop field goals with a strong defensive effort and the Chiefs had their first victory since September 23rd.
There was so much involved in what happened over the weekend with the Chiefs and the tragedy. Here’s our coverage:
- GAME STORY β Chiefs overcome tragedy for victory.
- COLUMN β Football players play football.
- SIDEBAR β Romeo led the Chiefs through the pain.
- SIDEBAR – Offense scores yards, points.
- SIDEBAR β Smart decision to not honor Belcher.
- SIDEBAR β Brandon Siler advances in grief.
- SIDEBAR β Quinn says it all.
- PLAY OF THE GAME β Moeaki finally in the end zone.
- REPORT CARD β Under tough circumstances, passing grades.
- KEYS TO WINNING RECAP - Mission accomplished.
- OFFICIALS – They were silent and invisible.
- PreGame coverage