From EverBank Field in Jacksonville
The Chiefs have begun the next era of their franchise history with a resounding 28-2 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday afternoon.
With quite a few red-clad fans scattered throughout the announced ticket sale of 59,416, they used offense, defense and special teams to dominate the tenor and flow of the game.
It was a great start for new head coach Andy Reid.
“I’m just going out and doing our business and making sure that we play good, solid football so that’s what we attempted to do today,” said Reid. “I thought we were able to accomplish that.”
There was certainly plenty to talk about and consider in this one. Here’s our coverage:
- GAME STORY β All aspects of the team help the Chiefs win opener.
- COLUMN β This is what having a proven head coach is like.
- SIDEBAR β Jamaal is banged up, but plans quick return.
- SIDEBAR β Justin Houston hits home with 3 sacks.
- NOTES β Fisher outplays Joeckel.
- OFFENSE β Smith has efficient game.
- DEFENSE β Chiefs controlled line of scrimmage.
- SPECIAL TEAMS β Overcoming a blocked punt.
- PLAY OF THE GAME β Brandon Flowers interception changed momentum.
- REPORT CARD β Pretty good grades for an opener.
- OFFICIALS REPORT β A lot of replays for zebras.
- KEYS TO WINNING RECAP.
- PRE-GAME COVERAGE.